Pages

CTK

Monday, January 17, 2011

I am working very hard to speak Hindi :says Jacqueline Fernandez

Jennifer1

The former Sri Lankan beauty queen has a very strong accent and Jacqueline Fernandez admits that she is really trying her level best to get rid of it. And yes, she admits that it’s giving her a very tough time.

“You need to learn to speak the language (Hindi) without any accent. I know that I need to speak Hindi like a pro and I am working very hard with it. It’s very difficult to get rid of an accent when you have grown up with it. I am learning Hindi,” says Jacqueline, speaking to After Hrs at the Zee Cine Awards in Singapore.

She adds that speaking Hindi like a pro will take many years. “It will require years of practice to perfect the diction but I can tell you that I will be giving it my best shot because I need to take that step for the sake of my career,” she adds.

The actor admits that she is slowly turning up the heat on the big screen because she is playing a seductress in her next movie which is the sequel of Murder. “I know that you have always seen me in cute, girl-next-door type roles and audiences also liked it that way. But I thought that it’s time that I change all that. Getting a little bold on screen is a planned move because I wanted to change the way I am perceived in Bollywood,” she adds.


The actor says that she will be taking up roles from which she was shying away all this while. “It doesn’t matter what it takes but if I think that the role will suit me or that the audience will like me…I am surely going to take up the role. I am living in the city (Mumbai) for such a long time. There were days when I took a long time to learn. I have now learnt that the faster you learn, the better it is for your career,” she ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment